· Promote environment-friendly, sustainable and organic practices in the horticulture value chain.
· Provide opportunities for employment and income generation for interested youths and women groups.
· Capacity development of members in production, processing and marketing, as well as in value-adding and product development.
· Develop collaborations with relevant national, regional and international institutions, organizations and or societies to promote horticulture.
· Advise governmental and non-governmental organizations in planning and execution of horticulture development programs.
· Organize exhibitions, competitions, meetings, workshops and conferences for promoting the floriculture industry in Bhutan.
· Provide advisory services, advocacy and lobbying in formulating appropriate policies and legislations for the promotion and development of horticulture.
· Encourage and recognize professional horticulturists in the country.
· To hold shows for the exhibition of horticultural products and forestry and the demonstration of agricultural methods, machinery and modern technology and hold events of an ancillary nature.
· To create linkages between individuals and organizations based in Bhutan and abroad with the aim of promotion of horticulture.
· To showcase Bhutan through its horticulture in international expos.